只需一步,快速开始

查看: 979|回复: 4

经典实用的英语句子

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-31 07:37:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转质量管理社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

1A storm in a teacup=make a fuss   小题大做,大惊小怪
2、Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
不要放弃你的幻想。当幻想没有了以后,你还可以生存,但是你虽生犹死。  
3kill two birds with one stone。一石二鸟
4、Our efforts to change the unfair regulations at work turned out to be a lost cause.
我们努力想改变不公平的工作规定,结果只是枉然。
5、Prices have gone through the roof. 物价飞涨。
6When it comes to German, I know nothing. 谈到德语,我一窍不通。
7I've got to hand it to you. How could you know that?
真服了你了,你怎么知道那件事的?
8A:Please check the paper and see what's on tonight. 看看报上登的今晚演什么
B:A fashion show at 8 on Channel one.And on Channel Three there is a war film.一频道八点时装表演,三频道演战争片
A:I hate war films.What's on Channel Five? 我讨厌战争片。五频道演什么
B:There is the football match at 7:30,French versus Italy!足球赛,法国对意大利
A:I hate football matches.I'll watch the news at seven first,then watch the fashion show.讨厌球赛,先看7点的新闻,后看时装表演。
9My brother and I are in the same boat because we both lost a lot of money investing in the stock market last year.
我和哥哥都因去年投资股票而损失了一大笔钱,可谓同病相怜。
10Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.
记住该记住的,忘记该忘记的。改变能改变的,接受不能改变的。
11、choice anxiety 选择焦虑症,面临太多相似的选择,无法决定的时候产生的焦虑感。
12、He is at present away on his holiday.
他目前外出度假去了。
13、at any price 不惜任何代价
He will buy this painting at any price.
他将不惜任何代价买下这幅画。
I will carry out the plan at any price.
我将不惜任何代价实施该计划。
14Please have your boarding pass and identification ready.Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time.Thank you!
请准备好您的登机牌和身份证件。大约十分钟后开始正常登机。谢谢合作!
15、My father is a hard worker, and he always uses the phrase, "You reap what you sow."
我父亲辛勤工作,他总是把“种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆”这句话挂在嘴上。
16、granny chic  复古风潮
17、I believe in the sun even when it's not shining.I believe in love even when I am alone.I believe in God even when he is silent.(BarlowGirl) 即使看不到阳光,我也相信有太阳;即使自己很孤独,我也相信世间有爱;即使自己很无助,我也相信有上帝。
18、A man is not old as long as he is seeking something. A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
只要一个人还有追求,他就没有老。直到后悔取代了梦想,一个人才算老。
19、Everyday I put smile on my face to think that I'm a kid in safety. 每天,我都把笑挂在脸上,幻想自己是有安全感的孩子。
20、eye-gazing party对眼相亲会 ,参与的男女彼此之间不用开口说话,而是在限定的时间内盯着对方看
21、True friends are the ones who always be there for you no matter how hard the situation is, and always say, "I'm here."——真正的朋友是,无论有多难,都会在你身旁,对你说:“没事,有我呢”!
22、One is always on a strange road, watching strange scenery and listeningto strange music. Then one day, you will find that the things you try hard to forget are already gone. 一个人总要走陌生的路看陌生的风景,听陌生的歌。最后你会发现,原本费尽心机想要忘记的事情真的就那么忘记了。
23、When everything is gone with the wind, when all those special moments into eternity.当一切都随风而逝的时候,那些特别的瞬间都成了永恒。
24、Life is made up of sobs, sniffles and smiles with sniffles predominating. —O Henry
人生是由呜咽,抽泣和微笑组成,而在三者之中,抽泣处于支配地位。
25、roll off the tongue: 顺口说出。roll off表示从…上滚下来。“从舌头上滚下来”不就是顺口说出嘛~【例句】
The saying ” Forgive and forget” may roll off the tongue, but it’s as shallow as it is short.
我们可能会顺口说出“原谅并忘了吧”。但这话说出来容易,仔细一想却说服不了人。
26Are you here on business or for pleasure?
你是来此出差还是来玩的?
I read the book half for pleasure.
我读此书一半是为了消遣。
27、status-gap marriage格差婚姻,指夫妻双方在收入、家庭条件、社会地位等方面相差悬殊的婚姻。
28、These arrangements can be changed at your pleasure.
这些安排你可以随你意思更改。
29、Many people have been out of work recently. 最近有许多人失业。
30、Work is more that a necessary for most human beings; it is the focus of their lives, the source of their identity and creativity. —Leonard R.Sayles
对大多数人来说,工作不仅仅是一种必需,它还是人们生活的焦点,是他们的个性和创造性的源泉。 —塞尔斯.L.R.
31、Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face their own. —Jonathan Swift
讽刺是一面镜子,观看者通常从中看到每一个人的面容却看不到自己。 —斯威夫特.J
32、Life is more like a battlefield. If you want something, you have to fight your best for it.
生活就好比一个战场,如果你想得到一样东西,就必须拼命去争取。
33、When you're down and out, remember to keep your head up. When you're up and well, remember to keep your feet down.
穷困潦倒时,要抬头挺胸;春风得意时,要脚踏实地。
34、pocket skill口袋技能,无论身处何行业何岗位,都能活灵活用的技能,如思维和沟通能力。
35、I think the best attitude toward life is to keep your humor on and show your smile to what happens.
人生在世,八方风雨;不妨一笑,淡然处之。
36、Every day may not be good,but there's something good in every day.
不见得每天都是好日子,但是每天总会有些好事发生的。
37、Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.
就做那个让你最不安的事情,因为它能发挥你最大的潜能。
38、When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take NO for an answer.
当你追求人生所爱时,你的字典里就不该有“不可能”这个词。
39、If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it.If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
不去追逐你所渴求,你将永远不会拥有。不往前走,就将永远停留
40、Let us face the reality, so that we are committed to our ideal. ——Che Guevara
让我们面对现实,让我们忠于理想。——切·格瓦拉
41、If life is divided into two episodes, the first is "hesitance-free", while the second is"regret-free".
若将人生一分为二,前半段叫做 “不犹豫”,后半段叫做 “不后悔。
42、trend-bender 反潮族,试图回归老传统的人。比如,有钱买车却仍选择骑单车上班的人。
43、Don't worry too much about the ambiguous future, just make effort for explicit being present.
不为模糊不清的未来过分担忧,只为清清楚楚的现在奋发图强。
44、No one ever does anything alone. Great friendships make life fun and meaningful.   
没有人是孤身一人打天下的,坚固的友谊让生活充满乐趣和意义。
45、To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
  爱自己,便是一部终身罗曼史的开始。——奥斯卡•王尔德
46、blind date lie 相亲谎言,相亲不如意时设法离开的说辞,如“我还有点事儿,先走了”。
47、When you can't concentrate on reading, do the following: Look at the mirror or check the balance of your bank account or think about the new marriage law.
看不进书的时候就照照镜子、看看银行卡余额、想想新婚姻法。
48、World Aids Day,世界艾滋病日。
49、generation rent 租房一代
50、When we step on the battlefield, I will be The First Boots On and the Last Boots Off.
当我们踏上战场,我必将首先发起冲锋,也必然坚守到最后。
51、Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
永远都要做最好的自己,而不是第二好的别人。
52、Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.
伟大的成就并非源自一时冲动,而是由一系列小事汇聚而成的。
53、What we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.
我们知道的或相信的,本质上并不重要。唯一重要的是:我们做的。
54、IKEA effect,宜家效应。人们对自己动手制作的产品产生的依恋感和自豪感。
55、We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
重复的行为造就了我们;因此,卓越不是一种举动,而是一种习惯。
56、daylighter,上班兼职族,指那些在上班时间从事其他兼职工作的员工。
57、A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.--Wag the Dog
今天的好计划胜过明天的完美计划。--《摇尾狗》
58、Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
没人能回头重新来过,但谁都可以从现在起书写一个不同的结局。
59、mama's boy,奶嘴男,把“妈妈说”挂在嘴边,永远长不大的男人。
60、Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. --Napoleon Bonaparte
当你的敌人犯错的时候,千万不要去打扰他。--拿破伦•波拿巴
61、freemale
自由女,选择单身生活,不追求长期恋爱关系而更重视友谊的女性。
62、You never know how strong you really are until being strong is the only choice you have.
不到没有退路之时,你永远不会知道自己有多强大。
63、You cannot change what you refuse to confront
你不去面对又怎么能去改变呢。
64、No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
无论你犯了多少错,或者你进步得有多慢,你都走在了那些不曾尝试的人的前面。
65、Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.生活不是等待暴风雨过去,而是要学会在雨中跳舞。
66、Letting go doesn't mean that you're a quitter. It doesn't mean that you lost. It just means that you realize in that moment that's it's time to let go and move on.放手不代表放弃,不代表你输了。那只代表你知道在那一刻你该放手了,然后继续生活。
67、If you are passionate about something, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.  
如果你想要什么,那就勇敢地去追求,不要管别人是怎么想的,因为这就是实现梦想的方式。
68、Give up worrying about what others think of you. What they think isn’t important. What is important is how you feel about yourself.不要为别人怎么看你而烦恼。别人的看法并不重要,重要的是你怎么看待你自己。
69、You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.当你不再急于否认错误时,你就学到了重要的一课。
70、Never let success get to your head, and never let failure get to your heart.不要让成功冲昏了头脑,也不要把失败记在心里。
71、Life is short and you deserve to be happy.
生命苦短,你应该过得开心些。
72、Growing in wisdom can be measured by the decrease in bitterness. 智慧的增长可用痛苦的减少来衡量。
73、read dating读书约会
通过与一连串的人简单谈论最喜欢的书来寻找潜在爱侣的方法。
74、No matter how far you may fly, never forget where you come from.无论你能飞多远,都别忘了你来自何方。
75、couch commerce沙发商务
指的是人们用平板电脑和智能手机购物的现象。
76、Where there is no struggle, there is no strength. -- Oprah Winfrey
没有奋斗,就没有力量。——奥普拉•温弗瑞
77、year-end panic年关焦虑症
指因年关将至而产生的自责和恐慌心理。
78、Don't try to brainwash me. 别想给我洗脑。
79、An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. 以眼还眼只会让世界变盲。
80、Wasteful people usually end up in debt.
(挥霍浪费的人最后往往负债。)
81、Maternal love is sometimes blind.(母爱有时是盲目的。)
82、They are divided on the new plan.
他们对新计划的意见有分歧。
83、The country is divided by religious quarrels.
(这个国家因宗教争端而分裂。)
84、The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
预测未来的最好方法就是去创造它。
85、He predicted a brilliant future for the child.
(他预言这孩子前程似锦。)
He invented an excuse for his being late.(他为自己的迟到编造了个理由。)
86、Are you out of your mind? 你疯了吗?
87、lose one's mind 失去理智
88、out of one's mind 精神错乱;发狂
89、Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.
自然和书只属于那些看得见的眼睛。
90、I felt I did not belong among these people.(我感到同这些人格格不入。)
91、He has a charming, friendly nature with others.
(他生性随和,讨人喜欢。)
92、Don’t bury your head in the sand. 不要逃避现实。
93、She buried her face in her hands.(她双手掩面。)
He buried himself in his work.(他埋头于工作)
94Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man and writing an exact man.
读书使人充实,讨论使人机敏,写作使人严谨。
95、aha moment
顿悟时刻,表示某个问题的解决方案突然明朗化的那个时刻。
96、Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.
成功很简单:在合适的时间用恰当的方式做正确的事。
97、Don't make promises when you're joyful. Don't reply when you're sad. Don't make decisions when you're angry.
别在喜悦时承诺,别在悲伤时回答,别在愤怒时决定。
98、I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
我发现,我越是努力,就越发幸运。——托马斯·杰斐逊
发表于 2012-8-31 10:40:59 | 显示全部楼层
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.
记住该记住的,忘记该忘记的。改变能改变的,接受不能改变的。

---this sentence is my favoriate.

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-31 12:43:37 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-8-31 13:59:30 | 显示全部楼层
yes ,these sentences are very worthy  remembering 。
发表于 2012-8-31 14:14:14 | 显示全部楼层
wonderful
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|QPDCA平台自律公约|QPDCA质量论坛 ( 苏ICP备18014265号-1 )

QPDCA质量论坛最好的质量管理论坛 GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:41 , Processed in 0.098577 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.

无锡惠山区清华创新大厦901室0510-66880106

江苏佳成明威管理咨询有限公司 版权所有

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表