我得到过的最好建议

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-4-12 19:12:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转质量管理社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

财富》独家揭示:来自金融、法律、科技、军事等多个行业的21位成功人士,是哪些建议帮助他们取得了今天的成就。
明迪·格罗斯曼
HSN首席执行官
    早年我在耐克(Nike)工作时,总是抱怨团队中有人表现不佳,我努力改善这种情况。最后,(耐克的共同创始人和董事长)菲尔·奈特对我说:“明迪,你的重点不是如何让普通人变得出色。你需要招聘出色的人。”当今世界,人才对于企业成功至关重要,包括他们的核心竞争力以及他们与企业文化的契合度。组合得好,很可能效果斐然。但前提是要招对人。
Mindy Grossman
CEO of HSN
    When I was at Nike, I was bemoaning the fact that somebody on my team wasn't performing -- and I was trying to get him to perform better. Finally, Phil Knight [Nike co-founder and chairman] said to me, "Mindy, what you really have to focus on is not trying to make ordinary people extraordinary. You need to hire extraordinary people." In today's world, talent is so critical to the success of what you're doing -- their core competencies and how well they fit into your office culture. The combination can be, well, extraordinary. But only if you bring in the right people.
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-12 19:14:39 | 显示全部楼层
杰克·博格
先锋集团创始人及退休首席执行官
    年轻时我曾是费城一家小经纪公司的跑腿员,从一家小经纪公司将证券送到另一家。有一位跑腿员看着我说:“博格,我得告诉你,你需要了解投资业务的方方面面。”我说:“瑞,你说的是什么意思?”他说:“小人物永远一无所知。”事实证明瑞说的没错。人们说,这个市场有伟大的投资者,但这有很大的偶然性。我们谁也聪明不过市场。
Jack Bogle
Founder and retired CEO of the Vanguard group
    I was a runner for a little brokerage firm here in Philadelphia, delivering securities from one little brokerage firm to another. One of the other runners looked at me and he said, "Bogle, I'm gonna tell you everything you need to know about the investment business." And I said, "What's that, Ray?" And he said, "Nobody knows nuthin'." And it turns out, Ray was right. People say there are great performers out there, but it's a lot of randomness. None of us are smarter than the markets.
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-12 19:19:23 | 显示全部楼层
道格·帕克
合众国航空首席执行官
    就我而言,不一定是言语建议,我得到的更多是榜样建议。这个榜样就是【前西南航空(Southwest Airlines)首席执行官】赫伯·凯勒赫,我认识他已有10多年了。知道他做得很好,和他在一起时,我留意观察,潜移默化地学习。他非常善于倾听,也确实教过我,倾听自己的员工有多么重要。如果你看到工作中的赫伯,一定会留下深刻印象。他非常专注,都不会留心屋里还有谁。这不是基于什么原则;他就是这样。
    我尝试着举行座谈会,与员工对话,而不是我站在1,000人面前侃侃而谈。每个月有4次,我会和三、四十名飞行员和空乘人员开会,我说10分钟,然后他们说50分钟。这样的倾听不完全是出于尊重——实在是没有比这更好的工作方式了。当你领导一家像航空公司这样的大企业时,有很多东西你可能都不会注意到,因此必须从倾听开始。然后,才能决定正确的方式是什么。
    作为倾听者我还远远赶不上赫伯。但昨天我们有一次这样的会议,有位乘客告诉我,她在换登机牌时被告知机上舱位只剩头等舱。与她同行的是一个10岁的孩子,这个年龄的孩子不能坐头等舱,结果导致他们不能上飞机。我觉得这种做法不对。我甚至都不知道我们还有这样的规定,需要改变这种情况。
Doug Parker
CEO of US Airways
    In my case it's not necessarily words of advice, but more advice I received through example. The example is Herb Kelleher [former CEO of Southwest Airlines], who I've gotten to know over the last 10 years. Knowing how great he's done, I've tried to hang out and watch and learn through osmosis. He is so good at listening, and has really taught me how important it is to listen to your employees. If you watch Herb in action, it really is phenomenal. He is completely engaged and never looks over your shoulders to see who else is in the room. It's not out of principle; it's just who he is.
    I try really hard now to have forums that allow employees to talk to me, rather than me being in front of 1,000 people. Four times a month, I put myself in a room with 30 or 40 pilots and flight attendants, and I talk for 10 minutes; they talk for 50. It's not just listening out of respect -- you can't imagine how much better you can do your job when you operate this way. When you're leading a big organization like an airline, there's a whole lot you can miss, so you have to start by listening to people. Then you can decide what the right course is.
    I'm nowhere near where Herb is as a listener yet, but just yesterday, we had one of these meetings and someone told me about going to check in and all we had available was first class. She was traveling with her 10-year-old, and he wasn't allowed in first, so they couldn't fly. I don't think that's right. I didn't even know we had that policy, so it's going to change.
发表于 2013-4-12 21:28:05 | 显示全部楼层
萨拉·布雷克利
Spanx创始人
    我记得小时候常和父亲坐在饭桌前,父亲会问我那个礼拜有什么事情没做好。如果我参选校园剧失败,他会和我击掌庆祝。他总是鼓励我去失败。当时我没有意识到这个建议将在多大程度上定义我的未来,影响我对失败的定义。作为一个创业家,我发现太多人不去追求自己的想法,是因为他们害怕或恐惧失败。父亲教给我的是,失败会带给你下一份精彩。这是与传统截然相反的家教,但如今我知道如果我不曾失败,就不会有我的今天。我曾经试图成为一名律师,但参加法学院入学考试两次都没过。像这样的失败还有很多,它们告诉我,生命中的一些重大的失利只是把我们推到了另一条道路上而已。
Sara Blakely
Founder of Spanx
    I used to sit at the dining room table as a kid and my dad would ask me what I failed at that week. If I tried out for a school play and didn't get it, he would high-five me. He always encouraged me to fail. I didn't realize at the time how much this advice would define not only my future, but my definition of failure. I have realized as an entrepreneur that so many people don't pursue their idea because they were scared or afraid of what could happen. My dad taught me that failing simply just leads you to the next great thing. It was pretty unconventional parenting, but I realize now that if I hadn't failed, I wouldn't be where I am today. I tried to be a lawyer and failed the LSATs twice. It was one of many tests that showed me how some of the biggest failures in our lives just nudge us into another path.

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2013-4-12 21:29:14 | 显示全部楼层
贝思·康斯托克
通用电气高级副总裁兼首席营销官
    我职场生涯的初期碰到过一位很强硬的老板。她从心底里是为我好,但她非常苛刻。有一次她把我拉到一边说:“有时我感觉你根本完成不了项目,总是会留下一些尾巴。你开始做得不错,但总是不能善始善终。”天啊,这就是她对我的印象,怎么会这样!我的第一直觉是她错了——我完成了。最好的建议有时也是最令人痛苦的建议,你必须信赖给出建议的这个人。挨了批评就得问问自己,这个意见是否中肯。就上面这个例子而言,它让我那么难受,是因为我的老板是对的。这次谈话后,我参加了专门的课程,学习我欠缺的技能,这样我再也没有借口不完成项目了。如今,在我心底里,我总是自问:“我越过终点线了吗?”
Beth Comstock
SVP and CMO of General Electric
    Very early in my career, I had a tough boss. She had my best interests at heart, but she was a pretty critical person. She once pulled me aside and said, "Sometimes I feel like you just can't finish things. You start well, but you don't finish." Boy, I hated that that was her impression of me. My first instinct was, She's wrong -- I finish things. But the best advice is often the most painful advice, and you have to trust the person who's giving it to you. When you get criticism, ask yourself if it's relevant. In this instance the reason it hurt so much was that my boss was right. After our conversation, I took special classes to give me skills that I didn't quite have, so I couldn't use anything as an excuse to not finish a project. Now, in the back of my mind, I'm always asking, "Did I cross the finish line?"

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2013-4-12 21:31:49 | 显示全部楼层
罗恩·康威
超级天使投资人
    在帮阿尔托斯(Altos Computer)上市后,共同创始人戴维·杰克逊和我坐了下来,回顾我们走过的路,我们如何打造了这家当时美国增长最快的一家公司。我们能够做到这样,是因为我们和客户建立了私人关系。他从一开始就说:“重点不在于你懂什么,而在于你认识谁。”从此,我一直相信做生意,一切的一切就是关系,绝不应轻视这一点。我们要了解客户,了解他们的家人。我们签下的最大一笔交易是和Control Data Corp.公司。我们和这家公司的首席执行官一起吃过饭,一起去看球赛,我们真的成了朋友。如今,我和这些人还是朋友。
    我依然听从戴维的建议。我们的投资有赖于我们拥有硅谷最大的人脉网络之一。当我们为所投资公司解决一个大问题时,我会对它的首席执行官说:“重点不在于你懂什么,而在于你认识什么人。”
Ron Conway
Superangel
    As we took Altos Computer public, co-founder David Jackson and I sat down to reflect on how we had managed to build what at the time was one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We did it because we formed personal relationships with our customers. He started using the phrase "It's not what you know, but who you know." Since then I've always believed that everything in business is about relationships, and you should never take them lightly. We got to know our customers. We got to know their families. The biggest deal we ever signed was with a company called Control Data Corp. We took the CEO to dinner, we took him to ball games, we truly became friends. I am still friends with these people.
    I still use David's advice. My investing is based on having one of the biggest networks in Silicon Valley. When we solve a big problem for one of our portfolio companies, I say to the CEO, "It's not what you know. It's who you know."

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2013-4-12 21:32:41 | 显示全部楼层
尤金·法玛
经济学家,作家
    1960年当我进入芝加哥大学(the University of Chicago)时,我接触到了一些进行新兴金融研究的教授。那时金融还算不上是一门学科,正在诞生之中,而我恰巧就到了它正在诞生的地方。因此,我有点着迷,当时学校里每个人都感兴趣。
    第一年,我学了门中级统计,授课教授是哈瑞·罗伯茨。当时我21岁。他和我很像——他喜欢一切体育运动,是位跑步健将。我在本科时做过很多统计工作,早就在和数据打交道。因此当我开始学时,就比其他人领先了很多。但我从哈瑞那里学到的是理念。他教给我的是对统计的态度,直到现在我也还是坚持这样的态度。
    正统的统计学是给出一个假设,然后检验。哈瑞总是说,你的标准不应该是接受、还是否决这个假设,而是能从数据中了解到什么。最好是能用这些数据强化你对世界的描述。这一直是我研究的指导明灯。应该利用市场数据更好地了解市场,而不是说这个或那个假设是真是假。没有一个模型是严格意义上正确的。真正的标准应该是:当我完成时,是比刚开始时更了解市场了吗?我当老师的49年来,我也一直把哈瑞的建议教给学生们。
Eugene Fama
Economist, author
    When I came to the University of Chicago in 1960, I was exposed to professors who were involved in the nascent subject of finance, which didn't exist as a discipline at the time. It was all being born, and it just happened that I had come to the place where that birth was happening. So I kind of got into it because everybody there was interested in it.
    In my first year I took an intermediate statistics class with a professor named Harry Roberts. I was 21 at the time. He was very much like me -- he was into all kinds of sports, and he was a runner. I had done a lot of statistics work as an undergraduate and had already worked with data, so I was pretty advanced when I started. But what I learned from Harry was a philosophy. He gave me an attitude toward statistics that has stuck with me ever since.
    With formal statistics, you say something -- a hypothesis -- and then you test it. Harry always said that your criterion should be not whether or not you can reject or accept the hypothesis, but what you can learn from the data. The best thing you can do is use the data to enhance your description of the world. That has been the guiding light of my research. You should use market data to understand markets better, not to say this or that hypothesis is literally true or false. No model is ever strictly true. The real criterion should be: Do I know more about markets when I'm finished than I did when I started? Harry's lesson is one that I've passed on to my students over the 49 years that I've been a teacher.

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2013-4-12 21:34:43 | 显示全部楼层
瑞·科兹威尔
未来主义者,发明家,作家
    1978年,施乐(Xerox)开始对Kurzweil Computer Products感兴趣,并对我的公司进行了投资。1979年,他们表示有意收购。他们感兴趣的是扫描和文字识别技术。当时施乐是一家打印机公司,他们有很多的产品:复印机、打印机,都是将电脑化信息转录到纸张上。我们有一项技术,能反其道而行之。当时我还没有那样的理念:我真正的业务是发明技术,打造业务,然后出售。我的态度是:这是我的公司,我的职责是创立它,打造成功,然后可能卖给施乐。但我的首席财务官哈瑞·乔治称:“你真正擅长的是发明新的技术,带给这个世界。但有其他人,可以把它带到全球市场。你应该卖给施乐。”
    我接受了他的建议,施乐在这个基础上打造了一家全球领先的企业。由此,我进入了这样的模式。这促使我重新定义自己的业务范畴:做一位发明家,发明突破性的技术,然后卖给大公司,在那里这些技术真正能够发扬光大。我已经卖了五家公司,现在所有这些公司都还在。比如,Kurzweil Music现在是现代(Hyundai)的一部分。这些公司能以更好的方式将它带给全球市场,这是我们这样一家小型合成制造商办不到的事情。
Ray Kurzweil
Futurist, inventor, author
    In 1978, Xerox became interested in Kurzweil Computer Products and made an investment in my company. In 1979 they expressed interest in acquiring it. They were interested in the scanning and character-recognition technology. Xerox was in the printer business, and they had a lot of machines: copiers, printers that took computerized information and put it out onto paper. We had a technology that could go in the other direction. At the time I did not have the philosophy that the real business I was in was creating technologies, creating a business from them, and selling them. My attitude was: This is my company, and my role is to create it and build it up and maybe make it into Xerox. But my CFO, Harry George, said, "What you're really good at is creating a new technology and bringing it into the world. But there are other people who can bring it to a world market. You should sell to Xerox."
    I took the advice, and Xerox created a world-leading company out of it. That got me into this paradigm. It caused me to redefine the business I'm in, which is being an inventor and creating breakthrough technologies and then finding the right home in a larger company where they can really thrive. I've sold five companies, and all of them have not disappeared into the woodwork. Kurzweil Music, for example, is now part of Hyundai. They were able to bring it to a world market in a much better way than we could as a small synthesizer manufacturer.

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-13 10:50:59 | 显示全部楼层
建议对英文不感兴趣的朋友看看上面中文也不错的,很好的建议哦
发表于 2013-4-13 10:52:19 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|QPDCA平台自律公约|QPDCA质量论坛 ( 苏ICP备18014265号-1 )

QPDCA质量论坛最好的质量管理论坛 GMT+8, 2024-6-2 13:57 , Processed in 0.409157 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On.

无锡惠山区清华创新大厦901室0510-66880106

江苏佳成明威管理咨询有限公司 版权所有

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表